Pfeifer & Langen – Tradition and progress for more than 140 years.
Industrialists Emil Pfeifer, Eugen Langen and Valentin Pfeifer from Cologne founded the Pfeifer & Langen Company in 1870.
The Rhine region soon evolved into the centre of the modern sugar beet industry. Pfeifer & Langen currently ranks among the most important sugar producers in Europe, and offers a wide variety of top quality products under the Diamant Zucker and Kölner Zucker brand names.
2. THE SYMBOL OF THE COLOGNE CATHEDRAL…
Just as the Cathedral serves as a landmark of the city of Cologne, the two sugar cones depicted in the company logo stand for the quality and excellence of the Kölner Zucker and Diamant Zucker product ranges. The Cathedral has featured in the company’s logo from the very beginning, but evolved and was adapted to the changing times.
3. FIGURES AND FACTS
Having been founded in 1870, Pfeifer & Langen has a long-standing tradition and is currently one of the largest sugar manufacturers in Europe. Pfeifer & Langen markets a variety of sugar specialties under the Diamant and Kölner brands.
Pfeifer & Langen continues to be a family business to this day. Approximately 140 years after the launch of the Elsdorf (1871) and Euskirchen (1879) sugar factories, the company opened the Appeldorn sugar factory (1977), acquired and expanded the Lage sugar factory (1986), constructed a plant in Könnern/Saxony-Anhalt (1993), acquired a holding in the Środa sugar factory in Poland (1995) and took over the Jülich sugar factory (2006).